Thursday 3 January 2008

My Favourite Armitage Shanks

I don't blog about every toilet I shoot a video of but I have some random toilets you may like to see so the next few posts are on them. NOTE: These pictures were taken with my OLD camera before I got my new one which means they won't be as high quality as newer photos.

My Favourite Armitage Shanks:
This one is my favourite model of Armitage Shanks toilets, I like the design, flush and sound.

It's a rare one, but I suppose if it was common I wouldn't like it as much. The hole looks different to most toilet holes, I wouldn't call it unique just different. It's like an oval. It uses lots of little holes under the rim to flush unlike some toilets which use larger holes. I like the sounds of the small hole ones, though larger holes can sound good too.
The button extrudes out far but I've seen one of these before but it had a short flush. It's on 'Very Short Flushing Twyfords' on my YouTube.
Here's two videos, the first one is the toilet mentioned above but the next is a dodgy cistern one.
Videos are from my OLD camera too, future videos will be clearer.


Here's the messed up one, it's still my favourite toilet bowl but a broken cistern or button. I didn't take any pictures as it wasn't worth it. But if you listen, I keep pressing the button but it won't respond but when it doesn I had emptyied half the cistern and I got a short but good sounding flush.

1 comment:

Barmy said...

Have you ever found an "Argos" Armitage Shanks toilet? - it is a funny shape at the front and is very old. We have one but need a new seat and I can't find out anything about this toilet or what the original seat looked like or the dimensions?